What is Belotero?
Belotero is an injectable dermal filler that is made from a hyaluronic acid is naturally found in your skin. After injection Belotero binds with water, to plump up your skin and make an area on the face fuller and softer. You body naturally absorbs the filler over time.
Belotero was originally approved by the FDA in 2011 to fill in moderate to severe nasolabial folds which are the areas around the nose and mouth.
Belotero has a soft, gel-like consistency. The hyaluronic acid in the product binds with the water in your skin to subtly fill in lines and wrinkles. Some Belotero products have more volume, which makes them effective for enlarging your lips, cheeks, or chin.
What is Belotero used for?
Belotero is used to:
- fill in lines around the eyes, nose, and mouth
- tear troughs or under-eye bags
- forehead wrinkles that may be deep
- profile areas in the cheeks and jawline
- fuller more youthful lips
- improve the appearance acne scars
- to even out areas of the nose
What are the potential side effects?
While Belotero is generally safe, it can cause a few temporary side effects. These tend to go away on their own in about seven days.
Common side effects of Belotero include:
Less common side effects include:
- hardening of the skin
- lumps and bumps
- dry lips
Your results should last for about 6 to 18 months, depending on the Belotero product used:
- Belotero Basic/Belotero Balance: lasts up to 6 months when used for subtle to moderate lines or lip enhancement
- Belotero Soft: lasts up to 12 months for fine lines or lip enhancement
- Belotero Intense: lasts up to 12 months when used for deep lines or lip enhancement
- Belotero Volume: lasts up to 18 months when used to add volume to cheeks or temples
Individual Results May Vary
- June 2022
- May 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- February 2021
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- July 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- August 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018